Rose of Sharon
Rose of Sharon Assisted Living blog is going live!
Happy 4th of July! Rose of Sharon would like to extend a warm summer greeting to you and your family. While we continue to try and make sense of our new lifestyles because of COVID-19 and social changes, it is our hope that you have been able to have some normality this summer.
Here are some suggestions for coping during this pandemic. I’m not sure what’s best for you, but perhaps you will find something on the list that is beneficial.
Avoid the media and news.
* Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate.
* Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals.
* Exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep.
* Avoid excessive alcohol and drug use.
Connect with others.
* Share your concerns and how you are feeling with a friend or family member. Maintain healthy relationships, and build a strong support system.
Seek help when needed.
* If distress impacts activities of your daily life for several days or weeks, talk to a clergy member, counselor or doctor.
Notice and accept how you feel.
* People with preexisting mental health conditions should continue with their treatment plans during an emergency and monitor for any new symptoms.